CLERMONT COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
A. J. Rodenberg, Jr., Sheriff
"Leadership By Example"
Office (513) 732-7500
To: All Media
From: A.J. "Tim" Rodenberg, Jr.
Clermont County Sheriff
Date: December 28, 2006
Re: "OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP” nets additional drug indictments
Clermont County, Ohio - As a result of the continuation of OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP, a fifteen (15) month investigation dealing with subjects who were involved in the manufacturing, distribution and abuse of methamphetamine primarily in the southern portion of Clermont County, the Clermont County Grand Jury has returned indictments on three (3) additional individuals. Those indicted and their charges are as follows:
Starrlett Case DOB: 01/11/65 – 2755 SR 132, # 2, New Richmond, OH 45157- Indicted December 20,2006
- 2 Counts - Complicity to Illegal Assembly of Chemicals, 3rd degree felony
Narenda Patel DOB: 12/14/63 – 737 Regent Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45245- Indicted December 20, 2006
- 3 Counts – Complicity to Illegal Assembly of Chemicals, 3rd degree felony
Case, who was an employee of the Lindale Store located at 1717 SR 749 in Ohio Twp. and Patel, the owner of the Ameristop located at 527 Sycamore St. in the Village of New Richmond were supplying pseudoephedrine products to individuals knowing that the product was going to be used in the illegal manufacture of methamphetamine.
Brian Brittain DOB: 01/18/73 – 10035 SR 774 Hamersville, OH 45130 - Indicted December 27, 2006
- 1 Count – Illegal Manufacture of Drugs (with Juvenile Specification), 2nd degree felony
- 1 Count – Illegal Assembly of Chemicals (with Juvenile Specification), 3rd degree felony
- 1 Count – Aggravated Trafficking in Drugs – 3rd degree felony
- 1 Count – Theft – 5th degree felony
- 1 Count – Grand Theft of Motor Vehicle – 4th degree felony
- 1 Count – Receiving Stolen Property – 4th degree felony
- 1 Count – Corrupt Activities – 1st degree felony
- 1 Count – Obstruction of Justice – 3rd degree felony
The scope of the investigation broadened with the identification of Brittain as being connected to an interstate theft ring involving the theft of watercraft, construction materials, trailers, tools and quad runners, in the states of Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. Brittain has not been served with the indictments as of the time of this release.
Investigative efforts are continuing and being coordinated with the respective law enforcement agencies.
This brings the total number of individuals indicted on charges relating to “Operation Clean Sweep” to twenty-eight (28). The investigation does continue with additional indictments anticipated. Photographs of those indicted can be obtained by contacting Mary Gregory at 732-7405....