CONCEAL CARRY LICENSE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
The Ohio Revised Code requires a total of 8 hours of training: 6 hours of classroom instruction and 2 hours of range time. Originals applicants must provide a copy of their training certificate at the time of application. Training certificates are valid for 3 years.
***Please Note: State of Virginia online course certificates are not accepted.***
6 hours of classroom instruction should include:
- The ability to name, explain, and demonstrate the rules for safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition
- The ability to demonstrate and explain how to handle ammunition in a safe manner
- The ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner
2 hours of range/shooting time should include:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Legal Resident of United States
- Resident of Clermont, Hamilton, Warren, Clinton, or Brown Counties. Butler County residents cannot apply at Clermont County as it is not an adjoining county.