Corrections Frequently Asked Questions

General Information Questions

Money and Property Questions

Communication, Correspondence and Visitation Questions


General Information Questions

Q:  Where is the jail located?

A:  The jail is located at 4700 East Filager Road, Batavia, Ohio  45103, adjacent to the Municipal Courthouse and Sheriff’s Office,  just off State Route 222 approximately 2 miles north of the Village of Batavia.

From Interstate 275 take State Route 32 east to the State Route 132/222 exit (Owensville).  Turn right on State Route 222 and continue for approximately 1 mile to the jail.

From the east take State Route 32 west to the State Route 132/222 exit (Owensville).  Turn left on State Route 132 and proceed for approximately 0.5 mile.  Turn right on State Route 222 and continue for approximately 1 mile to the jail.


Q:  Can I find out when an inmate is released?

A:  You can be notified by phone by contacting Victim Information and Notification Everyday (V.I.N.E) at (800-770-0192) or

Q: Can I find out what an inmate is charged with, when they go to court, what their bond is, or what happened at a court hearing?

A: You may search for inmates incarcerated in the Clermont County Jail at:
   Jail Inmate Search

 A: The Clermont County Clerk of Courts can provide additional individual case information at (Click on the “Case Access” link).


Money and Property Questions

Q:  What items do I need to send to an inmate in the Clermont County Jail?

A:  All of an inmate’s basic needs will be provided by the jail, (food, clothing, hygiene items, toiletries, etc.).  You can send inmate money that will be placed on their accounts so they can purchase snack items, phone cards, or magazines.


Q:  How do I send money to an inmate?

A:  The Jail staff is not permitted to accept money or money orders for inmates.  There are 4 ways to place money on an inmate account:

Money can be deposited on-line using a checking, debit or credit card account by accessing the commissary provider’s website:

Deposit money by calling Access Corrections at 1-866-345-1884.

Use the kiosk in the Jail’s main lobby that will accept deposits in cash or from debit and credit card accounts.

Money Orders sent via the U.S. Postal Service to the inmate in care of the Clermont County Jail.  Place the inmates name on the money order and mail it to:

Clermont County Jail
(Inmate Name here)
4700 East Filager Road
Batavia, Oh  45103


Q:  Can I bring anything to an inmate?

A:  The jail will only accept the following items:

Any medically necessary device (e.g. prosthetics, contact lenses, glasses, etc.)


Q:  The inmate will be transported to a state institution; what can I bring them?

A:  With few exceptions inmates are not permitted to take any personal property to state institutions.  In fact, they may be contacting you to pick-up their personal property.


Communication, Correspondence and Visitation Questions

Q:  How can I contact an inmate?

A:  You must correspond with the inmate via the U.S. Postal Service:

Clermont County Jail
(Inmate Name here)
4700 East Filager Road
Batavia, Oh  45103

Telephone messages will not be given to an inmate unless there is a verifiable family emergency.  Fictitious attempts to contact the inmate may result in disciplinary actions against the inmate.


Q: How can an inmate contact me?

A:  The inmate will be permitted two free local phone calls upon booking.  All housing units and nearly all holding areas have phones available on a collect call basis.  Inmates can also purchase envelopes and writing material to correspond by mail.


Q: Can an inmate call my cell phone?

A:  Inmates can call cell phones if they purchase a pre-paid calling card from the jail commissary.  Pre-paid phone cards all available to the inmates in $2, $5, $10 and $20 denominations.

You can set up a direct pay (prepaid talk time) account by visiting .

You may also buy an inmate a $5, $10 or $20 phone card at the kiosk in the jail’s South Lobby.

Q:  How much are phone calls?


Type of Call          Rates Local Call
Prepaid Card        0.10 per minuteDirect Pay           2.00 flat rateCollect               2.00 flat rate

IntraLata   (Toll)

Prepaid Card        0.25 per minute
Direct Pay           2.50 + $0.25 each min after
Collect               2.50 + $0.28 each min after

InterLata   (LD within state)

Prepaid Card        0.25 per minute
Direct Pay           0.50 per minute
Collect               2.50 + $0.28 each min after

New Interstate (LD state to state)

Prepaid Card        0.20 per minute
Direct Pay           0.20 per minuteCollect               0.25 per minute

Prepaid Card Denominations
$2.00, $5.00, $10.00, $20.00


Q:  Can I prevent an inmate from calling me?

A:  Your can have calls blocked to your number by contacting Combined Public Communications (859-441-5554) or


Q: Who do I call if I have a problem with my phone bill or the service provided?

A:  All inquiries concerning billing or services should be directed to the phone service provider: Combined Public Communications (859-441-5554) or


Q:  When can I visit an inmate?

A:  There is no open visitation.  A particular inmate’s visitation days will vary by housing assignment.  It is the responsibility of the inmate to schedule the visit with jail staff and contact you to advise you of the visitation day/time.  Jail staff are not permitted to tell you an inmate’s visitation schedule.