NEW APPLICANT INFORMATION IS LISTED BELOW
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT RENEWING YOUR LICENSE
New and Renewal Applications are accepted:
APPLICATION HOURS ARE:
Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (excluding Holidays).
No appointment is necessary.
Note: Concealed Carry License and WebCheck application volume has been extremely high. Applicants arriving at our office in the late afternoon may be turned away to allow our clerks to serve the current customers before the end of business. You are encouraged to arrive at our office earlier in the day to receive service.
Applications are NOT Accepted on the Following dates:
New Year's Day -1st Day of January
Martin Luther King Jr. Day -3rd Monday of January
President's Day -3rd Monday of February
Memorial Day -Last Monday of May
Independence Day Holiday- Monday July 4
Labor Day -1st Monday of September
Columbus Day -2nd Monday of October
Veterans' Day -11th Day of November
Thanksgiving Day -4th Thursday of November
Friday after Thanksgiving -Friday following the 4th Thursday of November
Christmas observance -Monday, December 26th
ON LINE TRAINING CLASSES:
Online training courses for a Virginia concealed carry license are
NOT VALID to apply for an Ohio Concealed Handgun License.
Regarding Ohio concealed handgun license training,
Ohio Revised Code 2923.125 G (1) states:
"Each such course, class, or program...shall include at least eight hours of training in the safe handling and use of a firearm", and also specifies that:
“A minimum of two hours of in-person training that consists of range time and live-fire training” is required in that 8 hour total.
The NRA "Basics of Pistol Shooting"online course is 8 hours in length, and DOES meet the requirement of the Ohio Revised Code when the student ALSO completes a minimum of two hours of in-person training that consists of range time and live-fire training.
Any online concealed carry license training certificate must document a MINIMUM of six hours of training, and be accompanied by a certificate documenting a minimum of TWO HOURS or more of in person handgun training with an instructor. A single certificate documenting both 6 or more hours of online training AND 2 or more hours of in person handgun training is also acceptable.
Download the "Ohio's Concealed Carry Law" booklet
The legal requirements for a concealed handgun license issued by the
Clermont County Sheriff are:
- 21 years of age or older
- Legal Resident of United States
- Resident of Clermont, Hamilton, Warren, Clinton, or Brown Counties
(Butler County residents may NOT apply in Clermont County).
- Submit a copy (originals will not be returned) of certification of completion of an 8 hour gun safety course meeting the requirements of O.R.C. 2923.125 (dated within last 3 years, or equivalent certification-see 'New Applicant Instructions' link above for details and LE & Military exemptions)
- File an application with the Sheriff's Office
- Submit a recent (within 30 days) color passport style facial photo of the applicant (approx. 2"x2") on a blank background. NO candid 'cutout' photos will be accepted.
- Payment of a non-refundable fee:
$67.00 for residents of Ohio for the LAST FIVE CONSECUTIVE YEARS or more. If you have not been an Ohio resident FOR THE LAST FIVE CONSECUTIVE YEARS, the fee is $91.00. Payment may be in cash (EXACT CHANGE), money order or CERTIFIED CASHIER'S check payable to: CCSO CCW License Fund.
Out of State Applicants: If you are not an Ohio resident, and work in Clermont County or an adjoining county, you may apply for a license by following the steps above AND providing current verification (paystub or employer letter) of employment in Clermont County or an adjoining county. The NON-refundable application fee is $91.00 (exact amount) or pay by money order or certified/cashier's check payable to: CCSO CCW License Fund.
- Criminal and Mental competency background checks
Disqualifying factors may be viewed here.
Please review these factors BEFORE submitting your application and non-refundable fee.
Applicants will have their fingerprints taken for a record check, and license data entered into the computer at the time they submit their application on a first come-first served basis.
NOTE: Applicants must provide a color passport style photo of their face (approx. 2" x 2", head & shoulders only) taken within the past 30 days, attached to the application. NO candid 'cutout' photos will be accepted.
Applicants must appear in person for the process, and must bring a government issued photo ID (ex: driver’s license, state ID, passport).
Applicants will receive their issued license by U.S. Postal Mail, delivered to the address of your choice.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL to check on the status of your application after we have received it unless you fail to hear from us/or receive your mailed license for 45 days. If you were fingerprinted at the jail as part of the application process, your license completion time will be longer than if processed with an electronic WebCheck fingerprint. Ohio law allows up to 45 days for processing applications, although we make every effort to complete the process as quickly as possible.
After receiving your concealed handgun license, please be aware of the following information:
- Your license is now entered into the law enforcement computer system.
- An officer stopping any vehicle registered to you will be aware the registered vehicle owner has a concealed handgun license.
- If stopped by an officer while carrying a handgun, the license holder must follow the procedures outlined in the current "Ohio's Concealed Carry Law" booklet.
- Please store the license in the sleeve provided, or consider using an adhesive plastic laminate to protect the face of the card (carrying license in wallet behind plastic window may damage card).
Card Replacement Fees
$ 5.00 Replace damaged license - damaged license turned in; duplicate card printed.
$15.00 Replace a lost or stolen license - complete affidavit of loss/theft (provided by our office), process new license with photo & signature, assign new license number, modify license number in law enforcement computer.
If you wish to obtain a replacement Concealed Handgun License displaying your new address, you must apply in person on the application dates and times listed above. The cost is $15.00 - (Modify record in CHL computer with new address, print replacement license, enter new address information in law enforcement computer). Payment must be in cash (exact amount), money order, or cashier’s/certified check (NO uncertified personal or business checks are accepted). Make the money order/certified or cashier’s check payable to: CCSO CCW License Fund.
Change of Address
Ohio law requires you to notify the Sheriff's Office at which you obtained your Concealed Handgun License within 45 days after an address change. Address changes sent by email are not accepted.
NOTE: You must notify the Sheriff's Office that issued your license, NOT the Sheriff's Office in your new resident county.
Clermont County license holders may download an address change form (Acrobat PDF File) and send by U.S. Mail to:
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Concealed Carry License
4470 State Route 222
Batavia, Ohio 45103-9777
This process, required by law, modifies the record held by our agency in the event you need to be contacted regarding a suspension, revocation, or administrative purpose. Note: you will not receive a confirmation from us that your change of address was received.
CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE RENEWAL
Issued Licenses are valid for 5 years from the date printed on the license.
An Ohio Concealed Handgun License (CHL) may be renewed no more than 90 days before the expiration date printed on the license, and at any time after expiration.
Visit the Concealed Handgun License Renewal Page
The Ohio Attorney General's website contains an information page including the required reading booklet "Ohio's Concealed Carry Law", Frequently Asked Questions, and an Instructor search index.
To learn about reciprocity with other states, click here.
More information regarding the concealed carry law may be obtained at www.OhioCCW.org or www.buckeyefirearms.org These organizations are not affiliated with the Clermont County Sheriff's Office, nor is the accuracy of their website content verified by our office.
Southwest Ohio Area Concealed Handgun License Instructors
NOTE: These concealed handgun training providers are not affiliated with the Clermont County Sheriff's Office, nor is the validity of their certification as NRA or OPOTC instructors verified by our office. This partial instructor list is on our website at the request of the below instructors as a convenience to the public.
A VALID CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE COURSE IS 8 HOURS IN DURATION:
6 HOURS OF CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION AND 2 HOURS OF LIVE FIRE RANGE INSTRUCTION.
SUBMITTING A FRAUDULENT TRAINING CERTIFICATE WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE APPLICATION IS A FELONY CRIMINAL OFFENSE ( O.R.C. 2921.13C ).
Review the Minimum Educational Requirements before enrolling in a training course
- Tactical Intelligence Group Ryan Sullivan 513-693-3578
- Target World (Charles Gilbert, Mgr.) 513-772-3343
- Cross Creek Guns -Hillsboro (Michael Cornett) 937-515-1806 email@example.com
- Mad Duck Training (John D Farquhar) 937-787-4414 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Hills Career Center Georgetown, Ohio 937-378-6131 ext. 357
- Paul D. Lewis 513-678-7326 PDL202WW@aol.com
- Basic Defense Institute (Wm. Schroeder) 513-722-8833
- Collin Rink 513-673-9473
- Jerry Hazlett 513-205-7501 (C) SFCJerry@fuse.net
- CCW For You - Jeff Smith 513-741-0005
- Barry W. Rhoten 513-549-4045 AdvancedShooting.com CincinnatiCCW.com
- Woodhill Personal Protection Group 513-353-3361
- Great Oaks Career Campuses- Sharonville 513-612-5742 or 513-612-5899
- Scott Strauss (Anderson Twp. area) 513-623-0131 email@example.com
- Millennium Tact. Defense Don Hency (Clermont, Brown, Hamilton Co.)
- Thomas L. Knight 513-509-9690 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Neal (Milford Area) 513-289-2386 email@example.com
- On Target Concealed Carry Jeremy Curnutte 513-376-1606
- Darian Bookman (Hamilton/Butler/Warren Counties) 513-240-8914
- Southern Ohio Tactical (Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, Warren Co.) 513-237-9423 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milford Martial Arts Academy (Fred Fatute 513-309-1121)
- David Schmitt - 513-505-3431 TigerEyeSpy@aol.com
- Tactical Defense Institute -John Benner 937-544-7228 West Union,OH email@example.com
- Freedom First Concealed Carry (Anderson Twp.)- Jeff Pennington 513-315-1507
- American Lawman Training- Andrew Davis 513-578-7960
(Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, Warren Co.)
- W.T. Training - (Batavia) Dave Evans, 513-374-8699
- Raymond Diss - Loveland, 513-378-8110, 513-683-4267 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Caudill - 937-444-2591. Cell-513-300-2959 email@example.com
- Pat Olvey - 513-478-8887 SW Ohio CCW NRA & OPOTA (HR218) Instructor
- Harold Fix - 513-225-6353 (Milford, Clermont Cty.)
- Gunslinger Firearm Training - 513-544-8627 GunslingerCCW@gmail.com (Clermont,Brown Co.)
- Jon Tharpe - 513-518-6625 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Point Blank Academy - 513-322-5070 email@example.com
- Tracy Callahan - 513-508-5891 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advantage Firearms Training -Scott Irvin - 513-600-2608
www.facebook.com/advantage.firearms Clermont County, New Richmond
- Frank Zuccala - 513-260-2276 - Clermont County, Anderson Twp. Areas
- Conceal Cincinnati - 513-403-9633 -Brad Krumme - email@example.com
- SCAPA Precision Training - 513-479-5325 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glacier Tactical - Jay A. Berg. 513-315-8807 - email@example.com Clermont & Brown Counties.
- Armed for Defense - 513-491-0601 -Richard Conwell- firstname.lastname@example.org Clermont & Brown Counties.
- Hank Meiners - 513-831-7890 email@example.com Milford area
- 22three Firearms Outfitters - Wendy Monroe. 513-228-0656 - firstname.lastname@example.org Lebanon
If you discover an invalid link, email address or phone number in the instructor list, please notify the webmaster.